Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Too soon to tell

Bummer-ammundo!

For some strange reason, Kelley and I both thought we would find out the sex of our baby Tuesday. Our hopes were as high as the Denver air and our excitement could barley be contained and was about as comparable to the day we got married.

Then, poof. Our premature hopes were thwarted ... for the time being.

At our last ultrasound, the baby was incredibly visible. We could see Baby Husband's legs, hands, skull and spinal cord clear as day. Our doctor told us then he thought we might be able to find out the sex on our next appointment, which was Tuesday. So, of course Kelley and I built up this incredible hope and all but convinced ourselves we would no doubt find out if Baby Husband is a boy or a girl.

There was a momentary sigh of sadness for us when we found out it was too early. However, that moment was brief and soon filled with the same growing joy we've had since we found out we were having a baby. We did, however, get to hear the heartbeat again, which is something that makes all the bad things in the world go far away. There is nothing better in my life right now than my baby. It truly is a magical feeling. Knowing we are going to have a baby and be parents is something we've always wanted, but when it's actually happening it can seem surreal at times.

Many people wait to find out the sex of the baby and we respect that. Honestly, for me, I couldn't hold out that long. I'm too weak when it comes to something like this. Either way, it's going to be surprise if we know or not. So kudos to those who can hold that long - I can not.

The magic date is now Nov. 23. That is when we will no doubt found out the sex. And as I write this, I am one day closer to finding that information out.

So, until then, stay tuned ...

No comments:

Post a Comment