Monday, November 1, 2010

Impatient Daddy

Even though we still have six months until Baby Husband arrives, I've already started the nursery. Aside from the excitement this gave me, I must admit that my inability to be patient kicked in.

Being patient is a phrase that simply doesn't apply to me. I get a plan in my head and there's no stopping me and certainly no waiting. It literally drives my wife nuts.

So when we recently inherited a crib from some friends,  I went to work. It wasn't in the house 10 minutes before I was knee deep in screws, panels and plenty of WTF questions. Yet, two hours later and a six pack of St. Paulie Girl, I had Baby Husband's bed together.

And to think, Kelley wanted me to wait awhile to start the nursery. I may be impatient, but in this case, I think Kelley actually applauded my impatience considering every time she walks into the nursery the first thing the hits the airwaves is "Ahhhhhhhh."

No comments:

Post a Comment